Terms and Conditions
We very much want guests to have an enjoyable and safe stay in our Romney Marsh Shepherds Huts. Accidents can happen at any time, to the most careful of people, but there is an added risk when one is in unfamiliar surroundings. For your safety and information, we have tried to identify possible sources of ‘danger’ and advise how to avoid these and minimise risks.
We have identified two groups for whom the huts are not suitable for: children and infants, and any adult with mobility problems, unable to cope confidently and safely with steps and/or open treads stairs. The stairs; the stairs could be slippery in rain, so extra care should be taken. Note Guests must take every care to ensure the safety of any visiting child/infant or less mobile adult.
Please familiarise yourself with the detailed instructions for use of the Fire equipment provided, and fire escape procedures, in the Welcome Pack provided for guest’s information. The Fire equipment provided is a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket. We do ask guests to be extremely sensible and aware of the special dangers posed by fire, and the risk to personal injury.
- Never leave cooking on the hob, unattended.
- Never leave an electrical appliance, unattended, such as the toaster, hairdryer or Electric iron.
- Please ensure all electrical appliances & lights are switched off, before going to bed.
- Please be aware of the dangers of a naked flame (candle) at all times, never leave unattended. Do not place a candle near any inflammable material, never leave unattended, do not use candles anywhere near to the bed.
- Please note, “Tea lights” and candles are not allowed.
- The Romney Marsh Shepherds Huts has a No Smoking policy within its property and patio garden.
Smoke Detector are fitted over the bedroom. Emergency lighting; A torch is provided.
Detailed instructions for lighting and regulating the wood- burning stove are supplied in the Information and Advice folder for guest’s further information.
- Do not leave matches or spare logs on top of the stove.
- The wood-burner is to be used only with the door closed. Please ensure it is firmly closed, and ‘dampened down’ before going to bed.
Hygiene and Welfare
- No pets are allowed at the property.
- Our very own brand of Luxurious Lanolin Toiletries is provided for guests, details of the exact ingredients can be found www.romneymarshwools.co.uk
- Where possible we use Ecological cleaning materials and re-cycled paper toilet tissue.
- We can arrange for the huts to be cleaned weekly, on either a Monday or Friday, for guests staying a fortnight or longer.
- Mattress protector and pillow protection are fitted. Sheets, duvet covers & pillowcases are cotton.
- A small First Aid kit is provided.
- Note, some lights have energy saving light bulbs.
- During the Summer months there may be some light penetration into the bedroom area, from the windows in the Huts
Water Boiler, etc.
The Shepherds Huts electrics feed into our main house which has solar panels. Each hut has its own water boiler which is run off gas bottles.
Disposal of Waste
Please help us by sorting your refuse into the appropriate bin. Main Bins are stored in the car parking area. A bin is provided in the kitchen, spare liners are provided. The bin categories are: recyclable - glass (bottles/jars), plastic containers (milk cartons only) paper, cardboard, household rubbish - please rinse all cartons/tins and non-recyclable – foil, plastic, etc.
The refuse collection is on Wednesday a.m., and we normally put refuse/recycling out on Tuesday evening.
Note, alternate Wednesdays for 1. General refuse and 2. Recyclable refuse
Internally, please do not leave any tap running, as there are potential serious consequences. Please do not leave the shower, basin or kitchen sink taps running, unattended.
Please take care when getting in or out of the shower and be aware that a wooden floor can become slippery. Please use the bath mat provided, to prevent slipping.
It is of the utmost importance for guests to read the information that we send you in advance of your arrival, (key collection etc), and the Welcome Pack on arrival. Please also ensure that you familiarise yourself with the hut, its surroundings and all safety instructions.